There are organisations that do really well and those that fail or flounder. The ones that do really well can be summarised in a nutshell. The clever people in that organisation come up with a product - or service - that people need. They communicate it well so people know about it and buy Jessie Bates III Shirt , use, rely on or live with it. The product is good so people come back for more and recommend it to new people. Over and over again, the product is high quality and good value for money. As the organisation delivers more great products, it needs more people to do all the work Billy Price Shirt , so it handles the complexity of having lots of staff and financial burdens and risks by putting into place processes so that everything that happens in that organisation - interactions between customers, users, workers, students Dre Kirkpatrick Shirt , employees and suppliers - people - is repeatable and successful. Finally, good things continue to happen because time and investment is made in the future so that the organisation continues making products that people want, whatever environmental, competitive or political challenges exist.

So here's the question. Do you think a computer could do any of that? Do you think a computer could come up with repeatable business processes? Could it come up with a kick-ass marketing campaign? Could it mange your project? Could it discover the next miracle cure? Could it inspire you to be a leader? Could it develop the next great idea? Could it talk to your staff and reassure them when times are tough? The answer to all top those questions is of course "no". These are all the things that happen in today's businesses Vontaze Burfict Shirt , charities, schools, hospitals and universities. I know it's completely obvious to say this, but it's the people that makes organisations successful. So why are so many organisations still using people to do the job that computers can do so well? Why do we still have armies of administrators copying and pasting from one spreadsheet to another? Why do we have people transferring handwritten documents into excel spreadsheets Carlos Dunlap Shirt , then have "data analysts" whose job it is to copy and paste that into another spreadsheet to create a pie chart?

We all know this happens all day in thousands if not millions of organisations all over the world. It happened because when people realised they could store records in a computer rather than in a box, they came to the conclusion that Microsoft Word documents seemed like a good place to store that information. And Excel's a bit like a database isn't it? Also everyone knows Word and Excel, so there's no training, right? A lot of folks think this is the only way to do things. They feel that the cost of creating a clever system to transfer messages and information around from one place to another rather than by a human being is too complicated or expensive.

It is all complete and utter nonsense. It is the epitome of the word nonsense. Why would an organization pay a human being - a beautiful brain so complex and amazing we are only starting to understand only the basics of its inner workings - to copy and paste stuff from one place to another. It's a proverbial sledge hammer to break a nut. Maybe the organisation actually prefers to pay an intelligent person £20 Tyler Eifert Shirt ,000 or more every single year to spend 75% of their working day doing something a well thought out computer system can do automatically. I don't think so. And when that business grows, that computer system can scale up without hardly any additional cost. What happens when your trusty copy & paste machine - meet Paul from accounts - is off sick, on holiday or at lunch? Maybe you have a backup copy and paste machine - meet Lesley. But Lesley gets paid a bit more because she is a manager and does other stuff. So your copy and paste machine now costs £65,000 a year with a pension and company car and has a propensity to get bored of copying and pasting so spends a lot of her afternoon checking up on Facebook. Of course the department's boss spends most of her afternoon checking her staff's Internet history Geno Atkins Shirt , checking that they're not using Facebook. Her boss Dave needs more managers to check that the copy and paste machines are "working efficiently" (that means not using Facebook) and also to employ more copy and paste machines because they keep leaving because the job's so boring. You get where I'm going with this? Do you think that company is growing and being competitive? Almost certainly not.

I have been visiting organisations for many years that have made the step and called upon the services of companies like DCSL Software. The minute my colleagues and I start talking about what efficiency through database software actually means the relief, the smiles, the promise of an easy life flows through so naturally. And the organisations that take the step and have their system fully implemented do one thing. They grow. It's these organisations that recognise that the only way to not fail is to be efficient and grow. Failure is guaranteed if your people do what a computer can do - the organisation will no longer be competitive or efficient as their products remain or become more expensive, as their staff leave A.J. Green Shirt , or grow old and wither away. The organisation goes bust or gets shut down.

I have an ideal vision for the future which I'd like to share with you. In my perfect world, there are no human copy and paste machines. When a lecturer marks a paper, he only marks the questions only a human can mark. When a student changes his address, he tells a computer it has changed via a neat website. Nobody else even knows this happens Andy Dalton Shirt , unless they need to know purely for information's sake. When a business needs a financial forecast in order to make a critical decision, it is just there. Actually I was telling a fib. This isn't a vision for the future it's a reality for now, and if you talk to me I . Cheap Jerseys Online   Cheap Jerseys Online   Cheap Jerseys From China   Cheap Jerseys From China   Cheap NHL Jerseys From China   Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping   Cheap Throwback MLB Jerseys   Cheap NCAA College Jerseys   Cheap NHL Hockey Jerseys   Wholesale Jerseys China