And he wasn't alone.The rookie quarterback and New York's offense struggled with mistakes Youth Josh Sitton Jersey , turnovers and missed opportunities as the Jets fell 20-12 to the Miami Dolphins in the team's home opener Sunday. Darnold believes there will be better performances ahead."Every loss that we have as a team and every loss that I have as an individual, whether it's a game or whether it's a play," Darnold said, "I'm going to take that as a lesson that I can learn from."Darnold finished 25 of 41 for 334 yards and a touchdown, but was intercepted twice in his second NFL start and couldn't get the offense moving consistently until late in the game."You never want to be behind, but I thought for a quarter there, we did a good job of fighting our way back," Darnold said. "I think for a quarter and a half, we did a good job of fighting our way back. We came up a little short."The Jets (1-1) were also victims of bad field position as Dolphins punter Matt Haack consistently pinned New York back in its territory. Only once in 12 possessions did the Jets start a drive better than their 25, and that came early in the fourth quarter when they got the ball at their 41 after Avery Williamson recovered a fumbled snap by Ryan Tannehill.New York also struggled in the run game, gaining 42 yards after getting 169 against the Lions."It's not just placed on the quarterback," coach Todd Bowles said. "We can win offensively, defensively and on special teams. We can do it a lot better."At least Darnold got off to a more promising start than in the Jets' opener at Detroit last Monday night, when his first NFL pass was intercepted and returned for a touchdown. He completed two of his first three passes on New York's opening drive in this one.But on the Jets' second possession, Darnold's intended for Quincy Enunwa was intercepted by T.J. McDonald. The Dolphins safety avoided a few tackle attempts and returned it 31 yards to New York's 15."I didn't see him," Darnold said. "That's another learning experience that I had."After two run plays for 9 yards, Kenyan Drake took the handoff up the middle for a 6-yard run to give the Dolphins a 7-0 lead.Miami took advantage of another turnover after Darnold completed a 10-yard pass to Robby Anderson, who had the ball knocked out of his hands by Kiko Alonso. Raekwon McMillan recovered for the Dolphins at the Jets 49 http://www.dolphinsauthorizedshops.com/ … nce-jersey , giving Miami a short field.Jakeem Grant took a pitch from Tannehill and gained 5 yards, but Buster Skrine grabbed him by the facemask for a 15-yard penalty. On the next play, Albert Wilson took a short pass from Tannehill, slipped out of Skrine's diving tackle attempt and took off down the sideline for a 29-yard touchdown.Just like that, New York was down 14-0.The Jets went three-and-out on their next possession, but made another mistake on defense that had the effect of a turnover when Henry Anderson's sack of Tannehill on third-and-6 was negated by a holding penalty on Morris Claiborne. Two plays later, Tannehill connected with A.J. Derby for a 19-yard touchdown.New York showed some life just before halftime, starting with a 44-yard completion from Darnold to Terrelle Pryor.A few plays later, Darnold completed a pass to Chris Herndon, who fumbled, recovered and tried to get into the end zone, but was tackled at the 1 as time expired."I should've done what I had to do to get in," the rookie tight end said.Darnold and the Jets answered right back to begin the third quarter with a solid drive capped by a 28-yard touchdown catch by Bilal Powell. Jason Myers missed the extra point, making it 20-6.The Jets, coming off a 48-17 rout of Detroit on Monday night, appeared in great shape when Jordan Jenkins forced and recovered a fumble after a strip-sack of Tannehill gave New York the ball at the Miami 12. But, Darnold's pass to Pryor on the next play was intercepted in the end zone by Howard."We've got to make them pay for turning the ball over and we just gave it right back to 'em," Darnold said. "That's not something you want to do. Again Jesse Davis Jersey , I put that on myself. I could've put the ball up a little more, give T.P. a chance to go up and snag it with his big body and his long arms."Pryor, however, insisted that it was "really my fault" because of the way he ran the route, causing the turnover."I let him down on that play," Pryor said. "I told him after the game, 'I hope you forgive me.'"It's all part of the process with a rookie quarterback finding his way. Two games in 鈥?a win and a loss, some ups and some downs."There are some things he can do better," Bowles said of Darnold. "I'm not saying he played a great game, and I'm not saying he played a bad game. ... Regardless if you're young or old at the quarterback position, you want to take care of the football. It's not just Sam. We didn't play well. We didn't coach well. That's a credit to coach (Adam) Gase and his team." The New England Patriots and Los Angeles Rams will face off on Sunday in Super Bowl LIII, ending the 2018-2019 NFL season. The champions for this season will be decided at Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium, with the Patriots looking to claim their sixth Lombardi Trophy, while the Rams will be looking to get their second championship ring in team history. These two teams met back in Super Bowl XXXVI in February 2002 when the then St. Louis Rams lost to the Patriots 20-17, effectively ending the “Greatest Show on Turf” era for the Rams while starting the Tom Brady era in New England.As Brady returns for his ninth trip to the championship game, there are plenty of players to watch besides the Patriots’ quarterback (and other than Jared Goff, the Rams’ quarterback). Who will have an impact on this game? We have five (or maybe a few more) players to watch this Sunday.Todd Gurley / C.J. Anderson, running backs Authentic Bobby McCain Jersey , Rams - The Rams have the explosive, three-time Pro Bowl selection, two-time First-Team All-Pro, two-time league leader in rushing touchdowns including this year, running back Todd Gurley. Against the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Championship game, Gurley recorded just four carries for 10 yards with a touchdown. Meanwhile, C.J. Anderson, who rushed for 167 yards in Week 16, 132 yards in Week 17, and 123 yards in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, carried the ball 16 times for 44 yards. It is an odd juxtaposition of how the two running backs are being used, compared to how they are expected to be utilized. Rams head coach Sean McVay has said Gurley will see plenty of playing time against the Patriots, blaming the lack of carries on play calls more than anything wrong with Gurley or his play. Both players have proven they can carry the load when required, but it seems like the Rams need Gurley to be at their most explosive on offense.Sony Michel, running back, Patriots - Why not stick with the running backs and turn to the Patriots’ offense? Michel has added an explosive ground element to the Patriots offense this year, especially in the team’s last two games. He ran for 129 yards and three touchdowns against the Los Angeles Chargers in the Divisional round of the playoffs, then 113 yards and two touchdowns against the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Championship game. Expect the Patriots to look to get him involved early Youth Jakeem Grant Jersey , limiting the Rams offense while getting one of their top playmakers the ball.Aaron Donald / Ndamukong Suh, defensive tackles, Rams - Donald should be named the league’s Defensive Player of the Year this year, but he has been quiet in the playoffs. Suh, the former Miami Dolphins defensive tackle who was cut before the season and joined the Rams, had a slow start to the season but has been playing more and more like himself lately. Everyone says the key to disrupting Brady is pressure up the middle, and no team in the league has a tandem of defensive tackles like the Rams’ pair. They have ten Pro Bowl selections and seven First-Team All-Pro selections between them, and they could be the key to shutting down New England’s offense on Sunday.Rob Gronkowski / Julian Edelman, tight end / wide receiver, Patriots - The Patriots do not have flashy stars as receiving options for Brady, but they do have Gronkowski and Edelman, who seem to always come up big when they are needed. After Week 5 of the season, Gronkowski had more than three receptions just once until the AFC Championship game, where he caught six passes for 79 yards. Edelman, who missed the first four games of the season due to a suspension, only reached the 100 yards receiving mark twice in the regular season, and only surpassed 75 yards five times. In the postseason, he caught nine passes for 151 yards against the Chargers and seven passes for 96 yards against the Chiefs. Both Gronkowski and Edelman should play big roles if the Patriots are going to have any success.Trey Flowers http://www.dolphinsauthorizedshops.com/ … lor-jersey , defensive end, Patriots - While the focus for the Patriots will likely be on their offense, there are defensive players to watch this weekend. Flowers has been an impressive pass rusher all season, leading a sixth-best ranking by Pro Football Focus. He only recorded 7.5 sacks, but he was constantly creating pressure this season. He will need to continue that this weekend.Honorable mentions: Robert Woods, WR, Rams; Devin McCourty, S, Patriots; Shaq Mason, G, Patriots; Marcus Peters / Aqib Talib / Nickell Robey-Coleman, CB, Rams; Kyle Van Noy, LB, Patriots