already making history again. This time http://www.yankeesfanproshop.com/authentic-giancarlo-stanton-jersey , the snakes decided to play the lo9ngest game (by time) to ever be played in Chavez Ravine, clocking in at a brisk 6 hours and change."Diamondbacks NewsArizona 5, Los Angeles 4Robbie Ray struck out nine in five innings of work. But then, he also walked five. A.J. Pollock had a banner night for the Dodgers, driving in three runs and scoring two. MAtt Andriese walked four in 2 1鈦? innings of work, but managed to strand them all. Christian Walker provided some “late-game” heroics, hitting a 3-run homer to tie the game in the seventh. It wasn’t until the 13th though, when Carson Kelly flared a double to right that the Diamondbacks were able to finally bring an end to the marathon game which ran a Chavez Ravine record six hours and five minutes.Kelly’s First AB dor Arizona a Big OneArizona came from behind twice in the game in order to send this marathon game into extra innings. Carson Kelly logged his first official at-bat as a Diamondback when he came into the game as a pinch-hitter in the 13th inning. Kelly flared a double to right field, scoring the winning run and bringing the Diamondbacks their first taco-game of the season.Kelly’s RBI Lifts DiamondbacksPinch-hitters were the story of the night for Arizona’s offense on Friday. Carson Kelly,who was the last man standing for the Diamondbacks, got the final hurrah with a 13th inning double.Robbie Ray Hung with No-Decision Robbie Ray continues to rack up the strikeouts against the Dodgers, tallying nine more in his five innings of work. Unfortunately, Ray also walked five batters and allowed three runs. Ray’s night had already been over for an hour before Arizona finally managed to score, letting Ray off the hook.Around MLB30 Potential Impact Call-ups for 2019Taylour Widener makes the list for Arizona after dominating the minors in 2018.Paul Goldschmidt Still Likes Hitting in MilwaukeeAfter going 0-for-3 in his St. Louis debut, Paul Goldschmidt joined some elite company with his follow-up performance, going 4-for-5 with three home runs and 5 RBI. He not joins Stan Musial, Mark Whiten Aaron Judge Jersey , Albert Pujols, and Matt Carpenter as the only other Cardinals to achieve the single-game level of performance. Coming to bat with the chance to hit his fourth home run of the game, Goldschmidt received the free pass from Brewer’s manager Craig Counsell.When Trust and Handshake Agreements Go BadDevon Mesoraco trusted his agent to negotiate a fair and reasonable contract which defended his best interests. He trusted the New York Mets to keep their word with regard to his path back to the majors. Neither his agent or the Mets came through. Now the veteran backstop is forced to either accept assignment to AAA for the team that backed out on him, or to retire, rather than marketing himself to other teams in hopes of securing a back-up position in the majors. The Winter Meetings have come and gone"Thank you, Winter Meetings!SO MUCH CONTENT!Jeffrey Flanagan of MLB.com sums up the Royals at the Winter Meetings:Sam McDowell of the Kansas City Star wrote about the Royals two Rule V draft picks:He also talked about their lineup for the upcoming season:Also at the Star, Pete Grathoff covered some details for next month’s Royals FanFest:Even The Athletic is back from its offseason slumber!If you subscribe, I will contribute $10 towards my “write better The Athletic subscription jokes” fund.Or not.Fangraphs had quite a bit of Rule V Draft coverage.Eric Longenhagen looks at the scouting side for McWilliams, Ellis, and Luciano (“If he makes the opening day roster, he’ll be the first player born in the 2000s to play in the big leagues”):Dan Szymborski (aka Baseball Beetlejuice) has ZiPS projections for all of the picks:As Max linked to yesterday, Royals Farm Report was all over the Rule V Draft, too:On their “Potential Rule 5 Draft Target” series, they had both Sam McWilliams and Chris Ellis.Patrick Brennan looked at many angles in “Scouting all things Rule 5 Draft: McWilliams, Ellis, Luciano, Lugo”.Drew Osborne put together a film study on Sam McWilliams:Finally Gleyber Torres Jersey , we can’t have a week go by without a listicle.RJ Anderson of CBS Sports gave each team a grade for the Winter Meetings:I promised we would get to today’s article one day.Today is that day: the day we will use the rage of Will to keep us warm during the winter months.Our article on The Best of Royals Review is: Yuniesky Betancourt and Bad Dayton Moore Make Their ReturnYuniesky Betancourt. Where do I start? That name will drive a certain subset (myself included) of Royals fans mad. Batter Nine You Sucky will live on in infamy in Royals lore as a symbol of the decades of futility (along with Neifi and a handful of others).Will did such a great job giving a voice to the hopelessness felt by what little bit of the fanbase had not left due to apathy.For today’s off topic section, we’re going to do some more quick hitter movie reviews:Die Hard - (We started this conversation last week but I’ve now completed my watch of 1-3) The classic, the original, and one of the action movies that all others are measured against. Great multi-layered directing with scenes often having multiple important purposes, smart satirical writing that made it a character drama as much as an action movie, and good casting and acting.Die Hard 2 - In many ways, a generic movie with John McClane tacked onto it. However there are more smart ideas than the movie is given credit for. But that’s balanced against a number of absurd premises, some really stupid act 2 sequences, not much characterization, and more over the top action and staged bad jokes.It’s just less natural but not nearly as maligned as some would have you believe.Die Hard 3 - Despite claims here to the contrary, it’s not in the league as the first movie. It, too, suffers from sequel-itis and a lack of complexity. The heist may be the best of the three, but the movie is not. I think that maybe it brings more to the table than 2 but may have even more problems. It’s closer in quality to the sequel than the orignal.Hook - The 90s had a number of movies that tried to do “modern” interpretations of classical literature but still trafficking in the name of the original (i.e. Hook is very much in the Peter Pan universe as opposed to “West Side Story” being a new story loosely based on “Romeo and Juliet”).Spielberg, Williams, Roberts, Hoffman?This should be awesome Tyler Austin Jersey , right?Act 1 is great but the rest of the movie is pedestrian and all over the map.It can’t decide on a mood or a theme and the transitions are rough.Solo - To me, it felt mostly on par with Rogue One but I don’t think I loved that movie the way others did. Instead of doing a dark war movie, this was a caper heist. It was derivative but fun and they did a pretty good job of plotting a movie while slavishly connecting a lot of fanservice dots (Kessel Run, Chewie, Lando, the Millennium Falcon, etc). Alden Ehrenreich’s acting wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, even if it felt like he was often doing a Chris Pratt impersonation.Low expectations meant for a pleasant surprise.Higher expectations should probably beware.Rat Race - Dumb early 2000s movie by Jerry Zucker, but we’re a long way from the classic Airplane.There are a lot of mostly B and C list stars in funny, over the top scenes performing Looney Tunes live action and put in preposterous situations.Along with the funny absurdity, there’s a lot of dumb funny and a fair number of joke misses.It’s interesting to see 90s comedies as there’s just a certain ignorant innocence has been replaced by a hard cynicism and trepidation around certain topics.In this movie, Jon Lovitz and his family steal Hitler’s car from a Neo-Nazi museum and end up crashing into a veteran’s gathering with him shouting gibberish and looking like the fuhrer.As I mentioned last week, we’ll probably do some reruns of older songs over the next month or two.Today we’re doing the other major song from Dr. Mario, Chill: