NEW YORK (AP) — Urged to shoot more Custom Detroit Red Wings Jerseys , Esa Lindell came through with his first career multi-goal game to help the Dallas Stars get a big road win.Lindell scored twice during Dallas’ four-goal second period and the Stars beat the New York Islanders 6-2 Sunday.“(Assistant coach Rick Bowness) came to say in the morning skate on Friday that I want you to shoot more,” Lindell said. “It worked today.”The 24-year-old defensemen, who had one goal in his first 19 games this season, had six shots on goal in the Stars’ overtime win against Boston on Friday night after totaling one in his previous four games.“Just tried to keep up the shooting,” said Lindell, who came in with 14 goals in 176 games. “I thought sometime it’s going to go in. Just trying to shoot a lot and play the game I used to play the whole season.”Alexander Radulov had two goals and an assist, Tyler Seguin had a goal and two assists, and Roope Hintz also scored for the Stars, who have won two straight. Jamie Benn had three assists, Jason Spezza had two to top 900 points in his career, and Ben Bishop stopped 37 shots.Dallas improved to 4-4-1 on the road in the opener of a stretch of seven of eight away from home.“We’re in a tough stretch in the schedule,” Spezza said. “When you have games like this, have contributions from up and down the lineup everybody feels a part of that and it’s a good springboard going into some tough games coming up.”Anthony Beauvillier and Scott Mayfield scored for the Islanders, who lost in regulation for the third time in 12 games (7-3-2). Thomas Greiss had 16 saves, but was pulled after giving up three goals on six shots in the first 7:08 of the second period. Robin Lehner came on and finished with 11 saves.“We didn’t play 60 minutes www.officialoilers.com ,” Mayfield said. “We lost a lot of battles. It just wasn’t there. We’ll look at video, keep it in-house. … Guys know we threw away two points. We’ve got to be better.”Mayfield pulled the Islanders to 4-2 just 24 seconds into the third as his centering pass from the left side of the goal went off Bishop’s stick and in.Radulov then scored twice in less than two minutes to help the Stars pull away.First, he restored Dallas’ three-goal lead as he scored with a backhand on a breakaway at 7:35. Radulov then tapped in a puck lying in the crease with Lehner out of position for his eighth of the season and 100th of his career to make it 6-2 at 9:16.Trailing 1-0 after one period, the Stars went ahead with four goals in the second.Lindell tied it as he got a pass from Seguin in the center above the circles and beat Greiss at 2:09.Hintz put the Stars ahead with his first career goal as he got a pass from Spezza in the left circle and fired a shot through Greiss’ five-hole at 4:40.“It’s nice to get the goal today and get the win, too,” Hintz said.Spezza got his 900th point on the play.“I love being a part of guys’ first goal, they always remember you,” the 35-year-old said. “I had high expectations of myself a lot of years and I guess that leads to good production.”Lindell gave Dallas a two-goal lead as he got his second of the game and third of the season with a one-timer from the right faceoff dot that also went through Greiss’ legs at 7:08.That prompted Islanders coach Barry Trotz to pull Greiss in favor of Lehner.Seguin made it 4-1 as he knocked in the rebound of a shot by Radulov for his sixth with 5:53 left in the middle period.Beauvillier, who had his first career hat trick and four-point game Thursday night against the Rangers, got the Islanders on the scoreboard 3:36 into the game off a pass from Leo Komarov.NOTES: Benn has six assists and nine points in his past 10 games. … Seguin has seven goals and 12 assists in 18 games against the Islanders. … Dallas has won three straight meetings with the Islanders, and four of the past five. … The Stars improved to 10-0-1 when leading after two periods. … Mathew Barzal had an assist on Mayfield’s goal, giving him a point in five straight games (goal, five assists). … Islanders F Michael Dal Colle made his season debut, appearing in his fifth career game. … Mayfield played in his 100th career game. … Islanders F Cal Clutterbuck celebrated his 31st birthday.UP NEXTStars: At the New York Rangers on Monday night in the second of three road games in four nights.Islanders: At the New York Rangers on Wednesday night to start a stretch of four games in six days. TORONTO (AP) — When John Tavares skated onto the ice during the introductions of starters Saturday night, his Toronto Maple Leafs teammates peeled off to allow him to stand alone in the Scotiabank Arena spotlight.Two nights after the ugly reception the former Islanders captain received in his return to New York Edmonton Oilers T-Shirts Authentic , Tavares was serenaded with wild applause and a standing ovation.And then he gave the home fans reason to cheer again.Tavares had a goal and two assists on a night Toronto fans dubbed “TavaresDayTO,” and the Maple Leafs beat the Buffalo Sabres 5-2 Saturday.“It was a pretty special moment, certainly to be recognized like that and get the support of the city and the fans,” Tavares said. “Shows you why it’s special to be a Maple Leaf. Definitely got some goosebumps, and a nice little boost there.“Nice to do it in a win, and come home on a Saturday and play the way we did.”Mitch Marner also had a goal and two assists, and Morgan Rielly, Nic Petan and Nikita Zaitsev each scored as the Maple Leafs won for the fourth time in five games. Frederik Andersen made 35 saves.Jason Pominville and Conor Sheary scored for Buffalo, and Linus Ullmark stopped 27 shots.The Leafs were back at Scotiabank Arena after losing 6-1 to the Islanders on Thursday night that both snapped their three-game winning streak, and spoiled what was already a tough return to Long Island for Tavares. The Islanders’ former captain was vigorously booed and serenaded with chants of “We Don’t Need You.”The nasty reception prompted Leafs fans to declare Saturday #TavaresDayTO on social media. They arrived at Scotiabank Arena carrying signs that read: “Dear John, We Do Need You, We Do Care! Love, Toronto” and “Toronto Loves You Tavares.”Even Toronto Mayor John Tory and former New York Rangers bad boy Sean Avery joined the conversation. Mayor Tory tweeted: “Don’t let the haters get you down @91Tavares, you’re home now and we’re proud you’re here in Toronto! #TavaresDayTO.” Avery posted an expletive-filled video condemning the New York crowd’s reaction.The Leafs changed their starting lineup introductions to announce Tavares last, prompting a huge roar and standing ovation from the crowd.“I thought it was great Edmonton Oilers Hoodies Authentic , but I also thought the people in New York showed the passion they have for John the other night,” Toronto coach Mike Babcock said. “To me, when you get booed on the road, you must be something special.”Tavares jammed in a loose puck for his 37th goal of the season, giving the Leafs an early lead just 4:20 into the game.Pominville tied it up at the 6-minute mark scoring off a loose puck in the crease that trickled through Andersen’s pads. Sheary, who scored Buffalo’s OT winner a night earlier, then put the Sabres ahead with a wrist shot off a bouncing puck.It was all Maple Leafs after that.Rielly notched his 16th with 20 seconds left in the first with a wrist shot that bounced around before slipping through Ullmark’s legs.Petan, who was acquired by the Leafs at Monday’s NHL trade deadline, scored his first goal for Toronto, a one-timer in front of the net with 4:58 left in the second.“Unreal pass, I was yelling super loud, when we got to the bench he said ‘good yell,'” Petan said. “It was a phenomenal pass. Didn’t really think about it too much, just smacked it and it went in.”Petan had only played 13 games for Winnipeg this season, sitting for long stretches. His goal was his first in more than a year.“Felt good to be out there again Edmonton Oilers Hats Authentic , and the goal was the cherry on top,” Petan said.Zaitsev padded the Leafs’ lead 55 seconds before the second intermission when he fired a hard pass that deflected off Sabres defenseman Brandon Montour and into the net.Marner’s empty-net goal came with just under two minutes to play.Marner was pleased with how his team bounced back after Thursday’s emotional loss, and praised the Leafs fans for their support of Tavares.“It was great seeing the fans interact with him like that and give him that ovation after that night in New York,” Marner said. “Obviously, it wasn’t the way we wanted to play.“It wasn’t the game we wanted and it was pretty harsh on him . . . All the (negative) stuff that you can hear, it doesn’t matter how strong-willed you are in your head, it’s going to affect you one way or another. That’s why I think it’s so special to come home and give him that love he deserves.”NOTES: The Leafs, third in the Atlantic Division, were missing defensemen Travis Dermott and Jake Gardiner. Gardiner was already out with a sore back before Dermott injured his shoulder when he was checked into the boards in Wednesday’s 6-2 win over Edmonton. Dermott is expected to miss four weeks. … The Sabres lost to Toronto for the third time this season, including last week’s 5-3 loss Monday in Toronto on trade deadline day.UP NEXTSabres:Host Edmonton on Sunday night.Maple Leafs: At Calgary on Monday night to open a three-game trip to Western Canada.