Regularly grooming your horse is essential for keeping your horse's coat in good condition. Grooming removes dirt and dust Cheap Blue Jays Shirts , and brings out natural oils, resulting in a shiny healthy looking coat. Grooming is also the best time for carefully check over your horse's body for any cuts, bumps or parasites. Regular grooming will also provide a bonding opportunity between you and your horse. Read on for a step-by-step guide on grooming.

Your grooming kit

Your basic grooming kit should contain a curry comb, stiff brush, soft bristled brush Cheap Blue Jays Jerseys , comb, hoof pick, and soft cloth or sponge. Additional items can include first aid accessories, such as antiseptic, cotton wool Wholesale Roy Halladay Jersey , and barrier cream.

Secure your horse

Make sure that you secure your horse within a safe grooming area, by tethering its halter loosely to a post, or wall bracket. Tethering is particularly important if you horse has a skittish nature. Taking the time to gently tether is a good precaution against possible kicks or trampling.

Grooming technique

Your grooming technique is extremely important. Put aside approximately 30 minutes to groom your horse, and never groom in a hurry. Horses are mood sensitive and can become jittery if they sense that you are in a hurry, so make your grooming sessions a relaxing time for both you and your horse. The first grooming technique you should use is a combination of the curry comb and stiff-bristled brush. With the curry comb in one hand and the stiff-bristled brush in the other Wholesale Jesse Barfield Jersey , run the stiff brush gently over the entire coat in brisk circular motions to remove dirt. After every few strokes of the brush, use the curry comb to remove loose hair and dirt. Remember to brush around the ears too, but make sure to use lighter, gentler strokes, as the ears are very sensitive. Do not use the stiffer brush over the face Wholesale Roger Clemens Jersey , belly, lower legs, or spinal area, as it may be painful to your horse. Next, switch over to the soft-bristled brush and gently stroke behind the ears and over the entire coat. The soft-bristled brush can also be used on the soft areas such as the face and belly Wholesale Paul Molitor Jersey , and bony parts such as the legs and spinal area. Next, brush or comb the tail and mane, working from the end of the hair towards the base. Then, clean the hooves next with the hoof pick, removing any mud Wholesale Curtis Granderson Jersey , stones and debris. Lastly, wipe around the horse's ears, eyes and nostrils with the soft cloth or sponge.

Remember that grooming is your opportunity to check for any cuts, lumps, bumps Wholesale Russell Martin Jersey , swelling or injuries, so pay close attention whilst grooming, and make time to gently run your hands over all of your horse's body. Additionally, you can use de-tangling spray on the mane and tail, and use hoof conditioner on your horse's hooves. Ask your farrier what product they recommend.

Regularly grooming your horse will help keep the bond between you both Wholesale Josh Donaldson Jersey , and make sure any potential problems are discovered early. With your horse in good health you can then enjoy riding together, be it everyday horse riding, horse trail riding, or equestrian sports.
"

By Xinhua Sportswriters Zhou Jie, Shen Nan, Lin Deren

BEIJING, May 12 (Xinhua) -- ""When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go, you know, I went."" It could be the life philosophy of Chen Zhengrong, owner of a sports firm in Qingyang, a small city in Northwest China's Gansu Province.

Chen goes for jog almost every morning. He is always joined by a group of people just like Forest Gump is. However, he was alone in jogging in the small city about 20 years ago.

""My body has memories,"" said Chen. ""I have to go back and live in my hometown where I grew up."" In 1997, 35-year-old Chen suspended his business in Tianjin and returned home.

""I've always loved sports since I was a kid,"" said Chen. ""I just wanted to come back and make fun from sports, but I found no one cared about sports in my hometown. The locals were ignorant about it.""

Chen recalled that the locals looked so bored that they were either getting wasted by drinking or getting bankrupt by gambling. So he vowed to bring changes to his hometown and started doing his bit to attract people to sports.

FIRST CHANCE

Chen got his first chance when the State General Administration of Sports started to focus on public sports and ran the first fitness club on the top floor of Qingyang Sports Bureau. ""It was free to have fitness training at my club,"" said Chen. ""But how could I make ends meet? I ran fitness clinics.""

After first taste of success, Chen made a stride in sports business and signed a 20-year contract with Qingyang Sports Bureau for renting a basketball court at a cost of 62,000 U.S. dollars in 2003.

""I changed it into a badminton club. As badminton requires lots of exercises but fewer people, my club might have a better chance,"" said Chen.

However, things did not go according to his plan. ""It doesn't cost much to play badminton,"" said Chen. ""But people would rather drink and gamble.""

Chen said the venue was always empty and he felt lonely in the vast space of an empty gym. The first contract year brought him a loss of 1,600 U.S. dollars and even made Chen think about quitting for a moment.

FAST TRACK

Beijing's successful bid for the 2008 Summer Olympics became the turning point as the Olympics ignited the zeal for sports throughout the country, including Qingyang. Having heard of Chen about his sports enthusiasm, a regional mobile company in Qingyang asked him to help organize a badminton competition, which brought Chen his first bucket of gold.

Chen recalled, after that competition, sports ""zeal"" erupted in his small hometown, 1,300 kilometers away from the capital city of Beijing.

From then on, Chen's sports business was on a fast track. He frequently hosted various s. Cheap Jerseys From China   Cheap Jerseys From China   Cheap Jerseys From China   Cheap Jerseys Online   Cheap Jerseys China   Cheap Jerseys China   Cheap NFL Jerseys China   Cheap Jerseys China   Cheap Jerseys From China   Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys