The team announced the hiring of the former Miami Dolphins coach as their head coach Friday after coming to an agreement on Wednesday night.Gase will be formally introduced as the Jets’ coach at a news conference Monday at the team’s facility in Florham Park Ryan Finley Jersey , New Jersey. The 40-year-old Gase was 23-26 in three years with Miami, including a playoff game in the 2016 season, before being fired last week.“At the onset of the interview process, I wanted to hire a head coach who was the right person and the right fit for our organization,” Jets chairman and CEO Christopher Johnson said in a statement on the team’s website. “We talked to a number of excellent candidates and it became clear to me that Adam was the person who will help us establish a winning program and a winning culture.”Gase’s hiring ended a wide-open search for New York, which fired Todd Bowles after the season finale and then met with seven other coaches about their vacancy, including Mike McCarthy, Kris Richard, Jim Caldwell, Eric Bieniemy, Todd Monken http://www.bengalscheapstore.com/renell … rsey-cheap , Matt Rhule and Kliff Kingsbury, who took the Arizona Cardinals job.Gase is the Jets’ first hire with previous full-time NFL head coaching experience since Bill Parcells’ three-year tenure from 1997-99. He’s also the first offense-focused coach since Rich Kotite in 1996. Gase will be tasked with furthering the development of quarterback Sam Darnold and helping New York snap an eight-year postseason drought.“Adam is a young, creative mind, but he also has 22 years of coaching experience,” Johnson said. “He is an innovator whose path saw him succeed at both the college and the NFL levels. He has helped a number of different quarterbacks, at various stages of their careers, reach new heights. We think Sam will continue to develop under his tutelage, but we made the decision because of Adam’s vision for the entire football team.”Gase began his coaching career as an assistant at LSU, before taking positions in the NFL with Detroit, San Francisco and Denver — where he was promoted to offensive coordinator and drew rave reviews from Peyton Manning. The former quarterback called Johnson on Wednesday to give Gase a glowing endorsement.Darnold also spoke with Gase during the interview process.“I’m just really, really pumped to have this attitude and buzz around this team Michael Jordan Jersey ,” Darnold said in a story posted on the team’s website. “And I think our fans can really look forward to scoring a lot of points and having a lot of, I guess, fireworks every single Sunday.” If there is one person absolutely thrilled with all of the press attention being given to the likes of Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, Josh Gordon, Greg Hardy, and Ray McDonald – among others – it's the owner of Washington's football team, Dan Snyder. All of the press coverage being given to the domestic abusers, child abusers, and drug offenders, means less press coverage for Snyder and the controversy surrounding his football team's nickname. The less ink it gets http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/a … row-jersey , the happier Snyder is.Eventually though, those court cases will be resolved, punishments handed out, and the waters around the NFL will calm again. Eventually, the controversy surrounding Snyder and his utter defiance about changing his team's nickname will come back into focus and have the spotlight shined on it once again. For many, sooner would be better than later.It seems inexplicable in this day and age – in this post-Donald Sterling world – that the owner of a major sports franchise would fight tooth and nail, to keep a name that is recognized as a racial slur. Time and tradition changes, and what was acceptable decades ago isn't found to be acceptable today. Take Adrian Peterson for example – there was a time when hitting your child with a switch, regardless of whether or not it left actual injuries to the child, was deemed an acceptable disciplinary practice. That's not so today. If you injure your child in the course of “disciplining” them, you will face serious consequences. And rightly so.Call it out of control political correctness if you wish Zach Brown Jersey , but the fact of the matter is that the term “redskin” is demeaning, it is insulting, and it is a racial slur. It is every bit as offensive as using the “N” word or any other demeaning racial slur people sometimes use.If you've never experienced racism or had racial slurs thrown at you, you might not truly understand what the big deal is. But as somebody of Japanese descent, I have had a countless number of racial slurs directed at me growing up, so this is an issue I take particularly seriously. To me, defending the name of Washington's team is an exercise in defending the indefensible.Though there are so many more, here are just 10 reasons Dan Snyder needs to change the name of his football club.