Throw in an additional holding penalty from the team’s season opener in Oakland and Bolles has racked up five holding penalties in the first two weeks of the season.No other player in the NFL has been called for more than three holding penalties over that span.“It’s frustrating Royce Freeman Jersey White ,” Bolles said after Sunday’s game. “I’ve built a reputation for myself in this league of holding. I disagree with it to be honest. There’s some calls I disagree with. There’s some things I understand I’ve got to go back and watch the film and see what I can do, but I have the best O-line coach in the National Football League with coach Munchak. I’m grateful for him. I know he’s going to get me on the right path, just believes in me.“I know my teammates believe in me. I know my coaches believe in me. I know the front office believes in me. I’m going to turn this around. I promise you all that. I promise Bronco country that. I promise my teammates that. It’s just unfortunate they keep coming after me but it is what it is. Like I said, I disagree with some of them and I’ve got to move forward and get back to work on Monday.”While those around him may very well still believe in him, it’s clear their patience to see that belief pay off is starting to wane. Several voices from the Broncos – at all different levels of the organization – said Bolles needs to figure it out.Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, via James Merilatt of 104.3 The Fan: “He needs to understand that he is doing something wrong They keep throwing flags on him and he keeps holding.”Head coach Vic Fangio: “I think he suffers from thinking he’s in good position sometimes and dumps the guy at the end where he thinks it’s a legal block. We have to do a better job of explaining that to him. He’s got to do a better job of listening to the explaining, but I think he can.”General Manager John Elway: “Well, he’s got to understand why. I think that’s the most important thing. That’s the thing that we discussed is for him to understand exactly why. You’ve got to get yourself in better position and play better technique so you don’t hold.”That Bolles thinks he is being singled out and that the calls against him aren’t valid makes it difficult to see an acceptance that what he’s been doing isn’t correct. Perhaps that’s why several different entities from the Broncos felt a need to speak about his need to improve his play in recent days. Now it’s time to see if the message is getting through and if Bolles is capable of adapting his game as necessary.“I’ve talked to him; everybody is trying to talk to him,” Sanders said “We’ll see.” The Denver Broncos did their best to hang with the undefeated Los Angeles Rams, but when it was all said and done they were defeated 23-20. This afternoon’s loss was their fourth in a row after starting the season off with two impressive wins. This year’s team looks to be embarking in a similar journey to last year’s squad. Unfortunately, we all know how that story ends. Brace yourselves for another down season, Broncos Country — and remember — it’s only the middle of October. Here are five things we learned from today’s game.1. The Broncos’ rushing defense is trash and was exploited againRemember when the Broncos had an elite defense especially against the run? Sure you do! Unfortunately for that was forever ago. Last weekend, Isaiah Crowell had a career game and this week Todd Gurley decided he would have the best single-season rushing game of his career as well. He unquestionably had the largest impact for the Rams’ offensively, racking up 208 yards on 28 carries with two touchdowns. It was the second consecutive week where the Broncos’ front seven were absolutely owned in the trenches and put forth an absolutely unacceptable performance.There are a lot of issues with the Broncos’ defense that need to be addressed, but the sub-par play of starting inside linebacker’s Todd Davis and Brandon Marshall is certainly one of the most glaring. Often hesitant or late getting into their gap, they were isolated and exposed by the Rams’ offensive line all game long. It’s hard to imagine the team picking up their team option on Marshall and paying him $9 million next season and even keeping Davis around for $5 million. That being said, their poor efforts to date are one of the reasons why I believe inside linebacker is one of the biggest long-term needs for the franchise moving forward. The 2019 NFL Draft has a lot of quality talent at the position and presents a prime opportunity for Denver to use a premium selection on a difference-maker at the position to start alongside Josey Jewell next season. Oh Courtland Sutton Jersey White , it would also be wise of them to take advantage of a deep defensive line class too.2. The Broncos’ running game was completely shut downMost weeks myself and all of Broncos Country have been extremely upset with the lack of commitment to the running game, but it just wasn’t working for Denver this afternoon. The Rams have struggled defending the run all season long, but were able to limit the impact of rookie running backs Royce Freeman and Phillip Lindsay. Offensive guard Ronald Leary exiting the game early on due to injury didn’t help matters, but Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh were forces on the interior of the Rams’ defense that dealt the Broncos’ offensive line a lot of losses in the trenches.3. Self-inflicted woes continue to be Broncos’ baneOver the course of their four-game losing streak the Broncos have been their own worst enemies. Whether it was Emmanuel Sanders’ taunting penalty at the end of the first quarter that likely took a touchdown off the board, holding penalties by Garett Bolles (league leader in that category since 2017) and Max Garcia (remind me why he got the start) or horrific play-calling and execution on third and fourth down situations — the Broncos’ can seem to get out of their own way. They lack discipline, consistency and have absolutely no rhythm on either side of the ball. I can’t help but wonder if today’s outcome would have been different without their self-inflicted woes, especially had they opted to kick a field goal at the end of the first half instead of going for it on fourth down.4. Bradley Chubb emerges with an impressive performanceThe franchise and its fan base had high hopes for rookie outside linebacker Bradley Chubb when he was the fifth overall selection in the 2018 NFL Draft. While he has been quite most of the season, he emerged in today’s game against the Rams with a ferocious performance. He had three sacks and made a few quality plays in the running game — showing everyone why he was considered one of the best players in the entire draft. While fans still may be upset that the Broncos passed on a potential franchise quarterback for his services, they should be happy with the fact they ended up with a blue-chip defender who will be cornerstone of the defense for a long time. Congratulations to Chubb on an awesome performance!5. Subtle silver-lining: At least it wasn’t a blowoutMost of the staff and Broncos Country predicted a blowout, but that didn’t transpire. It’s always hard to find silver-lining’s in losses, but the team fought hard and didn’t crumble against the league’s best team. That likely won’t change the overall course of events for the rest of the season and probably won’t save Vance Joseph’s job, but it was at least nice to see them be competitive against the Rams. Maybe, just maybe, they will get back on track four days from now when they take on the Arizona Cardinals on Thursday Night Football.So Broncos Country, what were your five big observations from today’s game? Sound off in the comments section and make your voice heard!