One of the top targets for John Elway and the Broncos should be middle linebacker K.J. Wright"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Broncos NewsBroncos Free AgencyBroncos DraftBroncos PodcastsBroncos 2019 ScheduleKey Offseason DatesCommunity RulesFull ArchiveBroncos StoriesScheduleRosterStatsOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁旴reaking NewsBroncos 2019 Draft Class Announced脳NFL Free AgencyMHR RadioBroncos podcastsBroncos free agency target list New Royce Freeman Jersey White ,28commentsOne of the top targets for John Elway and the Broncos should be middle linebacker K.J. Wright Broncos free agency target list Good morning, Broncos Country!The rest of the 2019 puzzle is about to become clearer. The first piece of that Denver Broncos puzzle, at least in terms of player acquisitions, is the trade for quarterback Joe Flacco. Over the next few days, John Elway will fill in those missing pieces. The “legal tampering” begins on Monday and runs through 2 p.m. on Wednesday. Over that time, Elway is able to enter into contract negotiations with players’ representatives. Once the clock strikes 2 p.m. on Wednesday, that’s when the fun really begins (the start of the league year). That’s when transactions are official, like the Flacco trade. On the latest MHR Radio Podcast (iTunes, Spotify and Stitcher), Adam Malnati and I talk about the positions and players we would like to see Elway and the Broncos target. Those who have listened to the podcast since the hiring of Vic Fangio will note, I was banging the table for C.J. Mosley at middle linebacker. I’m now banging that table for K.J. Wright. In my mind, he’s Mosley just way better in coverage. I get that Wright’s three years older than Mosley and he’s coming off a knee injury, but Wright is the ideal middle linebacker for Fangio’s defense. Wright also solves one of the biggest bugaboos for this defense — covering tight ends and running backs. The other players I’d like Denver to target: Safety Adrian AmosDefensive tackle Johnathan Hankins Right tackle Ja’Wuan James Cornerback Pierre Desir Is it possible for Elway and the Broncos to sign all of those players? Maybe Courtland Sutton Jersey White , maybe/probably not, but it’s all about manipulating the salary cap. In my mind, Desir is the one I don’t think happens because I can’t imagine the Indianapolis Colts let him go. One aspect that will help in all of this is Fangio. As I told Adam on the podcast, Fangio brings the Peyton Manning effect back to Denver. on Mars.NFL Tracks NFL free agency 2019: Tracking rumors you need to know - SBNation.comWhere’s Le’Veon Bell going? Who’s getting the franchise tag?NFL has more trades, but it should have more player-for-players swaps - SBNation.comThe Giants and the Browns pulled off a win-win by swappingOlivier Vernon and Kevin Zeitler. Retired NFL lineman Geoff Schwartz would like it to happen more often.Sean Lee agrees to restructured deal with Cowboys - NFL.comThe gang is getting back together in Big D. Veteran linebacker Sean Lee is returning to the Dallas Cowboys after agreeing to terms on a restructure deal.Dwayne Allen joins Dolphins on two-year, $7M deal - NFL.comDwayne Allen is reuniting with Brian Flores in South Florida. The Miami Dolphins signed the former New England Patriots tight end to a two-year, $7 million deal.Packers, 49ers express interest in Chiefs LB Dee Ford - NFL.comWhen the Chiefs slapped the franchise tag on premier pass rusher Dee Ford on Monday, they did so willing to part with the linebacker if a market developed for his services. It appears one has.NFL draft: Prospects know dangers of concussions but dismiss themThese NFL draft prospects have grown up in an age of enlightenmentwith concussion protocols. Yet, they still dismiss concerns about long-term healthChargers cut safety Jahleel Addae after six seasons - NFL.comNo one played more defensive snaps for the Los Angeles Chargers over the past two seasons than Jahleel Addae. next year.Chiefs sign RB Carlos Hyde to one-year deal - NFL.comCarlos Hyde wasn't unemployed for long. Just one day after being released by the Jaguars, the running back is signing a one-year deal worth $2.8 million with the Chiefs.Chad Kelly is more worried about fixing his mistakes than celebrating his successes The Denver Broncos fell 42-28 to the Minnesota Vikings in the first preseason game for both teams on Saturday. The starting unit on both sides played just a few series, so the game was mostly about the battle on down the depth chart.One move on the depth chart that seems clear is the one that moves Chad Kelly to number two and Paxton Lynch to number three at quarterback. Lynch completely bombed his 2018 debut against backups, while Kelly finished 14/21 for 177 yards Joe Flacco Jersey , 2 touchdowns and an interception in his. Kelly spoke with the media after the game and kept his focus on the details high.“I thought I did some good things today, but I obviously need to review the film,” Kelly said of his performance. “The line did a hell of a job up front, the running backs got open, the wide receivers caught the ball well and made plays. It was just another day, another practice. You just gotta go out there and learn from your mistakes and keep grinding because that’s how the game is.”It was more than that, though. Chad Kelly was making all of the NFL throws and NFL decisions a young quarterback should be making naturally. Like this wheel route to a wide open receiver. The throw was solid and catchable, both key factors lacking from Lynch’s game right now. And if that doesn’t impress you, how about this throw with pressure all over him. Kelly stands tall, takes the big hit, and lobs an accurate pass over the middle to rookie Phillip Lindsay for the catch and score to take the lead.These are two throws we just haven’t seen on a consistent basis from any Broncos quarterbacks in the last two years.That isn’t to say Kelly should be starting any time soon. He is basically a rookie and still a third-string guy, but I see a lot more potential there than I ever saw with Lynch or Trevor Siemian. Even when I was calling for Lynch to start over Siemian, it was more due to my hope he was a better gamer than a practice player. He appears to be neither at this point.For Kelly Bradley Chubb Jersey White , he has the football IQ and knows where his weaknesses lie and is working to overcome them. “Identifying if a man is in zone, read the coverages better,” Kelly said of what he needs to work on. “There’s so much I can get better at. Even the great ones have to get better each and every day. I can’t wait to watch the film, get back to work tomorrow and keep grinding.”He’s competing for a roster spot, but in my eyes he has earned it. It is Paxton Lynch who should be on the bubble at this point.Kelly is not looking at it the same way. He knows nothing is handed to a seventh-round pick. He still has a lot of work to do if he is going to convince the Broncos to change their course at the backup quarterback position.“I can’t look at it that way,” Kelly said when asked if he should be the number two quarterback. “I have to make sure I keep my nose in the playbook and keep studying. I should have studied more on the main zone reads otherwise I wouldn’t have thrown a pick but it’s not about that. We go out there and learn each and every day, each and every practice, each and every snap. The game’s over. We look to the Chicago Bears and get better tomorrow.”As we’ve seen from the Vikings, the Broncos have been very patient with Lynch and given up two other quarterbacks who seem to be understanding how to play quarterback in the NFL better than Lynch at this point. It would be a shame if they gave up a third to keep their former first-round pick hopes alive. Pride can be an ugly thing. Just ask the Chargers and their three-year odyssey with Ryan Leaf that culminated in a 1-15 record before they finally gave up on a bad first-round pick.